The ninth card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge came about because I tried the watercolor technique (with the Splatter stamp from Extreme Elements) with the Pine Tree from Lovely as a Tree. It was nice, but I found that when I resized it to a much smaller size, the effect worked best. At full size, it was okay. At the smaller size, I really liked it. So that meant that I needed to create a card around the trees, and this is the result.
Here are the details on how I made it:
- Background: Night of Navy
- Trees: Pine Tree from Lovely as a Tree, with Splatter from Extreme Elements to create water color effect.
- Santa: Sled from Old Saint Nick Stamp Brush Set (stamped twice, with a punch of Night of Navy masking one of the sleds so that only the reindeer show, since Santa needs all eight of his reindeer)
- Home for the Holidays—House 2, with a watercolor Pine Tree over the one included
- Home for the Holidays—Snowman
- Home for the Holidays—Snow Page, used twice for snow on the ground and falling snow
- Sentiment: Season of Cheer—Holiday Season