The tenth card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge came from the Fiskars page Piecing Together the Holidays. I loved all the projects on this page and decided to try them all. This one may have been the most challenging. The Fiskars tree was made using a flower petal stencil. The closest thing to the right shape in My Digital Studio is the Left and Right Leaf in the Flowers group of the Sunny Days embellishments.
The challenge was that I couldn’t change the colors to vary the layers of the tree. I followed the instructions that Tami Shadler shared for making a custom punch and turned the Left Leaf, Right Leaf, and Stem into custom punches. It took a bit of trial and error (lots of error), but once I had the punch, the rest was easy.
I did use a custom color for the darker green in the tree. None of the Stampin’ Up colors was different enough to look right to me. You can set your own custom colors by using the RGB tab in the Choose Color box.
Here are the details on the card:
- Background: Frosty Day II—1
- Rectangle: Pool Party with a Mat in Soft Suede, set to 8, with a drop shadow
- Tree: Custom punch created from the Sunny Days embellishment, alternating between Kiwi Kiss and a custom color (R: 187, G: 157, B: 55). Stem is also a custom punch in Frostwood Lodge—3.
- Decorations: Brads in Pool Party, Melon Mambo, and Very Vanilla. Star Punch in Crushed Curry Villa with a second, smaller Star Punch in Crushed Curry
- Sentiment: Season of Cheer – Happy Holidays 1, with a drop shadow