The seventh card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge is a bit non-traditional. Because today is a day to think about Pearl Harbor and Hawaii, I wanted to come up with a card that had a tropical feel to it. I’m not 100% sold on the result, so if you have suggestions for improving it, please pass them along in the comments.
My inspiration was a Florida Christmas card that I found on SplitCoastStampers. I really liked the effect of the tree on the color blocks, so I tried to copy that. I like how that turned out and the scattered flowers and sentiment. I’m just not sure about those red and green dots that I used to fill the rest of the card.
Here are the specific details on the card:
- Background: Background from Celebrate the Holidays embellishments (Digital Download 128891)
- Color Blocks: Square Punches in Lucky Limeade and Cherry Cobbler with a Vintage Overlays—Texture 11 over top.
- Stamp Brush Set: Tropical Party, the palm tree in Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso and flowers in Whisper White.
- Embellishment: Small Pearls in the center of the flowers.
- Sentiment: Typed in the JasmineUPC font, in 58 pt.
1 thought on “Mele Kalikimaka”
Based on a comment from Cindy Schuster on the My Digital Studio site, I added a whisper white rectangle under the green and red color blocks. The idea is that it masks out the little dots that were showing in the dividing points. The revised version is a bit less busy:
Comments are closed.