The seventh card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge is a bit non-traditional. Because today is a day to think about Pearl Harbor and Hawaii, I wanted to come up with a card that had a tropical feel to it. I’m not 100% sold on the result, so if you have suggestions for improving it, please pass them along in the comments.
My inspiration was a Florida Christmas card that I found on SplitCoastStampers. I really liked the effect of the tree on the color blocks, so I tried to copy that. I like how that turned out and the scattered flowers and sentiment. I’m just not sure about those red and green dots that I used to fill the rest of the card.
Here are the specific details on the card:
- Background: Background from Celebrate the Holidays embellishments (Digital Download 128891)
- Color Blocks: Square Punches in Lucky Limeade and Cherry Cobbler with a Vintage Overlays—Texture 11 over top.
- Stamp Brush Set: Tropical Party, the palm tree in Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso and flowers in Whisper White.
- Embellishment: Small Pearls in the center of the flowers.
- Sentiment: Typed in the JasmineUPC font, in 58 pt.