This Christmas card features a fast background made with washi tape for Day 3 of the #OCCHolidayCardWorkshop2022. I used a mix of tape from my stash, including some Tim Holtz tape (the black and white words, the plaid), some Simple Stories tape (the Santas and the green with numbers), and some others I bought years ago.
After layering the tape, I sanded the surface lightly with a sanding block to distress the washi a bit. Some of it was overly shiny, so the sanding solved that problem as well. I added some Tim Holtz Collage Paper across the middle to create some contrast between the background and the focal point. I distressed the collage paper with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The wreath, which is popped up on foam, is from Tim Holtz’s 2022 Christmas Layers.
- Various Washi Tapes, including
- Simple Stories Simple Rustic Christmas
- Tim Holtz Christmas Design Washi Tape from a few years ago
- Tim Holtz Collage Paper (Plain)
- Tim Holtz Christmas Layers 2022 (the wreath focal point)