This is my swap for the Columbus regional this weekend. If you’ll be at the event, come find me! I was inspired by the many Christmas cards that featured hanging ornaments and the idea of an Easter egg tree. In particular, I wanted to create something similar to the Something for Christmas—All Together stamp.
I printed the cards on 5½ x 4¼ Avery InkJet Postcards/Index Cards (8577). They could be used as postcards, but the image is the same size as a 5½ x 4¼ card as well. Because my printer required a margin (in other words, it can’t print to the edge of the paper), I set the card with a white background. With that margin, the image printed on the cards properly. Essentially I let the bleed area function as the background.
Once the cards were printed, I let them dry a few hours (so the ink didn’t smear) and added some accents with Dazzling Details. They needed to dry again after that before they could be stacked, of course.
Here are the details on the card:
- Back: Whisper White
- Middle: Everything Easter—Pattern 5, with a 2 pt Island Indigo mat and default drop shadow
- Top: Whisper White, with a 2 pt Island Indigo mat and default drop shadow
- Sentiment: A Good Egg—Happy Easter in Island Indigo, with default drop shadow
- Embellishments taken from Everything Easter (left to right), all with default drop shadow
- Basket color
- Flower color
- Scallop circle 2
- Egg color
- Balloon color
- String: Tree Trimmings—String, in Island Indigo, with default drop shadow