The twelfth card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge also came from the Fiskars page Piecing Together the Holidays. The second project on that page is a gift decoration make with a star stencil and a stencil for the letter Y. I decided to try to accomplish something similar in My Digital Studio.
I only have one set of letter punches, and the Y was too wide to work for this card. I decided to play with other letters from the set, and I liked these three the most. They use essentially the same process:
- Punch a star in your contrast color.
- Punch a second star in the background color, resize it smaller, and then align the center and middle of the two stars. Now you have a star that appears to have an open center.
- Layer the letter punches in the gaps between the star points
- Cover the center with a punch and button.
- Add some drop shadows.
- Group the elements, and rotate a bit to vary the look.
Here are the details on the card:
- Background: Candy Cane Lane—Pattern 1
- Contrast Color for Snowflakes: Homemade white glitter paper
- Punches: Star, Timeless Type Junior Letters—J and V, Timeless Type Junior Numbers—!, and Boho Blossoms (for the center)
- Embellishment: Baja Breeze Button Bouquet—button3
- Sentiment: Typed in the font Arial Black, 22 pt, colored Night of Navy.