My card for this week’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge (SQSC15) is the fourth card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge. Here’s the original sketch:
The scalloped circle focal point reminded me of fabric in an embroidery hoop, so I decided to try to go with an old-fashioned, vintage look. Here’s my version of the card, using various papers in either Certainly Celery or Old Olive:
Here’s the breakdown on the elements:
- Background: Certainly Celery base with Holiday Harmony II—8
- Back Rectangle: Certainly Celery with Vintage Overlay—11
- Middle Rectangle: Brocade in Certainly Celery
- Top Rectangle: Holiday Harmony II—11
- Circle: Very Vanilla with Old Olive
- Stamp Brush Sets: Something for Christnas—Ornaments 1, 2, 4, & 5 and Merry Christmas
- Embellishments: Small Rhinestones and Certainly Celery Grosgain Bow
3 thoughts on “Certainly Celery & Old Olive Christmas Card”
I love ALL your MDS cards! I, too, thought of fabric in an embroidery hoop when I first saw this sketch. Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog.
Glad you saw an embroidery hoop too. I actually considered trying to do a pattern with x marks like counted thread cross stitch, but time and sanity won out. I might go back to that idea in the future though.
Hi Traci! Congrats! you have been chosen to be spotlighted on the Stampin’ Queens challenge blog!! Which I am excited about because I really love your cards! :) You can pick up the badge of being featured here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2011/12/sqsc-15-spotlights.html
Can’t wait to see what you do with this weeks!
Comments are closed.