When I looked at the samples for this week’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge, I knew I was in trouble. Every thing that immediately came to mind (snowflakes, flowers, cookies, pumpkins) had already been used. Here’s the original sketch we were to use as the model:
I finally realized that no one had done stars! Since I worked on Veterans Day, I created a patriotic card, perfect to thank a Veteran or someone actively serving in the military for service to the country—or just save it for the 4th of July:
As always, I made the card with Stampin’ Up’s My Digital Studio. Here’s how I put it together:
- Background: Grid Designer Paper Series in Night of Navy
- Red rectangles: Nautical Expedition Designer Paper Series in Pattern 12
- Stars: Star punch in Night of Navy stamped with the Star from the Jolly Bingo Bits Stamp Brush Set in Whisper White
- Scallop: Scallop punch with a 6px mat. I used the picker to match the grays in the red rectangles.
- Sentiment: Let Freedom Ring from the Red, White, & Blue Stamp Brush Set.
- Ribbon: Grosgrain ribbon in Whisper White.
2 thoughts on “Patriotic Card for SQSC12”
This is SO AWESOME! I love how you use the mds. We have one of our members of the queens that always used the MDS which I think is AWESOME because it really shows what it can do. Thank you so much for joining us at the Stampin’ Queens. I cant wait to see what you make next week!
Great way to use MDS. I love your patriotic card and all the stars. Your twist on the card worked perfectly. TFS.
Comments are closed.